- Mrs Jackie Elliott – Chair of Governors
- Mrs Anne Bowyer – Vice Chair of Governors
- Mr Jason Rawlinson – Staff Governor
- Mrs Nikah Mahmood – Parent Governor
- Mr Tawanda Makuni – Associate
All governors form part of the executive committee and meet twice time per term. The meetings cover
Local Authority issues
School effectiveness and performance
Health and safety
Governors discuss and adopt relevant policies on a regular basis. Some polices are reviewed annually.
The governors meet at two different times
The first meeting of the term is 4pm – this gives governors the chance to get to know school and be present at the end of the school day for parents
The last meeting is at 5.30pm and ensures that any LA/National directives and policies are discussed and implemented as necessary. The last meeting (Whole governing body) receives a termly report from the headteacher outlining school performance, attendance and other issues.
Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests
All the governors and associate members of Clifton Primary listed below have signed the Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests.
This is a declaration of any personal or business interest they or any relative or person closely connected with them, have with businesses or other organisations that may have dealings with the school. This could for example include owning or having a relative work for a business that had dealings with school; having a relative working in or for school or being a governor of another school.
|Name of governor/associate member||Term of office||Governor type||Term from||Date stepped down / Term to||Details of specific roles held on the GB||Committee membership||Has signed the register||Details of any conflicting interest|
|Mrs Anne Bowyer||4 years||Co-opted||April 2017||September 2021||Vice Chair||· Appeals and complaints · Finance and Pay · HT – appraisal · Pupil discipline · Welfare and parents · School effectiveness/Early Years · Staffing · Curriculum||Yes||SIP advisor Date of interest January 2017 COG March 2017|
|Mrs Jackie Elliott||4 years||Chair||December 2017||December 2021||· Finance and Pay · HT – appraisal · Staffing · Premises · School effectiveness .Appeals/complaints . Data Security||Yes||None|
|Mr Jason Rawlinson||4 Years||Staffing||October 2017||October 2021||· Pupil appeals · Welfare · Safeguarding · Discipline & Exclusion||Yes||None|
|Mr T Makuni||4 Years||Associate||October 2018||October 2022||Finance . Audit||Yes||None|
|Mrs N Mahmood||4 Years||Parent||March 2018||March 2022||Early Years||Yes||None|
|Miss L Filmore||4 Years||Parent||March 2020||March 2024||Yes||None|
|Parent governor vacancy|
|Mrs J Odell||Staff||School Business Manager||None|
|Mrs J Lucas||Staff||Admin Assistant||None|
If any interest a governor has could be seen to cause a conflict of interest they would be asked to withdraw from any decision making concerned. This is to ensure that our governors can always be seen to be putting the interest of the school first.
If there is a potential conflict it is shown in the table. This table also shows the category of governor each person is, any specific role on the governing body and the committees they are members of.
More information about the requirements to complete and sign the Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests can be found on Salford City Council’s Governor Services web pages at http://www.salford.gov.uk/schoolgovernors.htm where you will also find the links to all the other local authority’s (LA) governing bodies’ personal, pecuniary or business interests registers.
The different categories of governors on our governing body are:
- Parent governors who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school;
- Staff governors who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues;
- Co-opted governors are appointed on to the governing body by the other members because they come from a specialist group, such as the business community or because they possess a particular skill which can contribute to the effective governance and success of the school;
- Local authority(LA) governors who are nominated by the local councillor and appointed by the governing body;
- The Headteacher (HT) is also a member of the governing body by right of the position they hold in the school;
- Associate members are not actually governors but can be appointed to serve on committees and attend meetings of the full governing body. They do not have the right to vote at meetings of the full governing body but may been given voting rights on the committees that they are a member of, but these rights can only be given by the governing body.
All members of the governing body are on the executive committee which meets three times per term.
- Additional committees are called as needed and include
- Appeals and Complaints
- Performance management (Appraisal)
- Pupil appeals and Pupil discipline
- Welfare and parents
- School effectiveness
There are also separate disciplinary and appeals committees which are convened if they are required.